Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Six days ago, my family and I made the journey to Ganonoque for our Summer vacation. We went camping at the Ivy Lea campsite right on the St. Lawrence. We stayed for five long days out in the wilderness. My brother and I were delighted to find a teatherball court on the playground and played with it innumerous times. I usually won but we had great fun all the same. The use of water guns also occupied a great deal of our time along with other activities such as swimming, fire making, and reading in our small tent. All in all, we had a great time on vacation and we hope to return to Ivy Lea in the near future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting recap of the camping trip. I remember two young fellows enjoying a fire every night, trying it every which way! The worlds largest marshmellows roasting over the coals, banana floats and steak over the open flame! I remember the excitement of decorating the site for Canada Day. (Did you see the picture of Star in the hat?) I remember you renting bikes, atrip into Ivy Lea and calling Dad on the way back because you broke down! Now that is an adventure! I remember the boat ride on the St. Lawerence to check out the 1000 Islands. We delighted in the tiniest islands and the largest power boats. We were under the International Bridge many times, built in five sections it spands 3 islands from the Canadian side of the ST. Lawerence to The USA side of the river.
Camping in the 1000 Islands rock!

Post a Comment